Say Cheese!

My “Say Cheese” piece of art is very vibrant in colors of the pizza. The background of the art is subtle, so that makes the positive message and the pizza pop out to the viewer. The media that I used for my artwork was Adobe Illustrator. I used all of the different shape tools in order to create my alive pizza. I also used the blob tool to create the face of my pizza. Although my artwork came together very nicely, it was a very tedious process.

What inspired my artwork was the cute food book that I was looking through in class. Before I chose the pizza image, I really like the simplicity of it, because I knew that I could turn it into something unique and inspiring. Also, what little kid doesn’t like pizza? So, as a kid, I would love to see this, as it would put a smile on my face, especially while reading, “Say Cheese.” This goes to show how this piece of art is aiming towards expressing a very happy and positive emotion.

My goals as an artist are to overall just inspire people to be happy within themselves. If people are able to achieve happiness through my artwork, I think it is successful. I know that this piece is going to make some child happy and better their life somehow. While making this artwork, I have learned that not everyone has it as easy as I do. And if I can create something that can better their life, that makes me happy because that is the overall goal. This is definitely not what I expected the outcome to be because I had chose many other images to illustrate. But, when I saw the pizza, I knew I could turn it into something amazing. This art will influence my later artwork because I enjoy developing positive messages.

3 thoughts on “Say Cheese!

1. COMPOSITION: Noah did a great job on his composition, he chose to do pizza with three pieces of pepperoni, he also gave the pizza a cute cat face to make the image seem very inviting as well as classic. There are no visual errors that I can see and I love how the pizzas fall on the page.

COLOR: The colors are great in this image, the pizza looks like a classic piece of cheese pizza and then there are three red slices of pepperoni on the pizza. Then the text is a classic pun that says “Say Cheese”, in a red and yellow color type.

ADVICE: Noah did a fantastic job, my only advice would be to change the background color, the brown makes the pizza pop out however it is a bit hard to see the text.

2. COMPOSITION: I love the composition of this card. The top pizza slice sort of points to the words in the center of the card which then leads to the bottom slice. It gives the card a very great flow.

COLOR: The color of this card is great. Even if there were no pizza slices on the card, I would think of pizza due to the color palette. The color pattern of the letters spelling out “Say Cheese” is great and really adds to the fun, pizza party vibe of the card.

ADVICE: There is not much that I would change about this card. If I have to say something, I would maybe make the pizza slices a little smaller. That is a very small thing that might add to it, but it is also fine as is.

3. COMPOSITION: The composition of this photo is amazing and i love everything about this photo because the shapes are perfect and the background just blends in so well with the pizza it’s amazing.

COLOR: The color choice is amazing because as I said before the blending of the colors with the pizza match so well and there are only warm colors which is your choice so there is no balance between warm and cool colors because there aren’t cool colors.

ADVICE: The advice I give is if maybe you put like fingers on the pizza is would make it even better but overall I have nothing else to say it was amazing